Thunderbolt 3: Think bigger. Deliver faster. For the 6big and 12big, LaCie harnessed the breakthrough performance potential of the Thunderbolt 3 I/O and squeezed the absolute best speeds out of the hard drives. We added a hardware RAID controller and 7200RPM drives, and the result is astonishing 12big speeds of up to 2600MB/s—and 2400MB/s in RAID 5.
For lightning-fast video workflows.
That kind of speed can slash time off nearly every task in your post-production workflow. Ingest hours of RAW footage from a Blackmagic® cinema camera into Adobe® Premiere® Pro in a fraction of the time. Then edit multiple streams of ProRes 422 (HQ), ProRes 4444 XQ, as well as uncompressed HD 10-bit and 12-bit video. For big projects packed with high-def clips, thumbnail and preview rendering becomes much more responsive.
And for your smartest workspace.
With double the video bandwidth of its predecessor, Thunderbolt 3 lets you daisy chain dual 4K displays or a single 5K display to the LaCie 12big or 6big. With two 4K displays, you can spread out your workspace by dedicating one display to your timeline and the other to previewing 4K footage, for example. It's even possible to power a compatible laptop through the Thunderbolt 3 connection***.
Bigger in every way. Except in footprint.
With up to 120TB (12big) or 60TB (6big) on your desktop, you can safely store massive amounts of ultra hi-res footage.
Instead of buying a new storage device every time you need more capacity, invest up front in a future-proof, RAID-protected solution. Improve data access and security, which can save money in the long term.
Divide your storage into multiple volumes according to your workflow. Create one volume for ingesting transcoded clips and current projects and another for archiving final footage.
Thunderbolt 3 lets you daisy chain up to six devices to a computer via a single cable. So you could connect up to six LaCie 12big together, bringing a jaw-dropping 720TB to your computer.
The biggest design for the most exacting video pros.
• Aluminum enclosure: Dissipates heat significantly better than plastic.
• Advanced cooling: Thermoregulated fans pull heat away from the internal components. Because the fans are redundant, the LaCie 12big and 6big remain operational even if a fan fails.
• Compact Footprint: Get massive capacity on your desktop in a footprint that’s smaller than an iPad Air® (59 vs 62 in2).
• Front-accessible drives: Conveniently and quickly remove and replace drives from the front of the product. Keep track of drive health and RAID build status with the front-facing drive status LEDs.
• USB 3.1: For universal compatibility, connect to USB-C laptops—and even USB 3.0 computers via the included USB-C to USB-A cable.
• Kensington lock compatible: Tether the product to a fixture to prevent theft.